Our Places API returns data and search functionality via the specified endpoints. Initially, the Places API will provide endpoints for:
- Listing Details
Registered developers will receive notifications as new endpoints or APIs are added.
The Content Endpoints return content associated with a specific listing. These include coupons and deals.
We keep coupons and deals separate because they are different experiences for consumers. A coupon is generally rendered to screen or page and then redeemed at the merchant for a discount or special price. Deals require the consumer to purchase the offer upfront (via YP.com or YP Mobile), usually at a substantial discount.
The Listings endpoints represent the core service of the Developer Program. The endpoints in this API allow you to:
- Search for a listing by geo, keyword, category, or phone number
- Get details on business, including address, hours of operation and payment types accepted
- Get ratings and reviews for a listing
- Get coupons near the user's location
- Get maps based on listing ID
- And more to come...